Freelancing means self-employment. If you think on a large spectrum, then it can be called business. But growing a business depends on potential clients. But Being an Indian freelancer it is difficult to find out potential clients. They prefer to work with foreign clients more than Indian clients for decent payout, and better professionalism.
We are Indian freelancers, having prior working experience with both overseas and subcontinent clients. Obviously, we started our freelancing services with Indian clients; some of them are very good at their behavior, clear about their demand, and ready to pay for quality work. We also believe in offering the best services at an affordable price.
But 40% of Indian clients we have dealt with are not trust-worthy. They don’t have the proper clearance of their project requirement. If you ask me why?
The answer will be a lack of technical knowledge. High-profile subcontinent or overseas clients are very clear to their demand and ready to pay accordingly. Never compromise with the quality of work.
Before starting a project clarity of project requirements is important. In the case of subcontinent clients, they would like to judge you by quantity but not by quality. In most cases, they are looking for the cheapest work because they don’t have enough budget.
Now Indian freelancers struggling with their rates and prefer to work with overseas clients. It is true that Indian clients expect more but not ready to pay the right amount. They want additional features, updated technologies, and many more. But when the freelance developers charge the extra amount for changes they refuse to pay. For these reasons, Indian freelancers don’t prefer to work with subcontinent clients.
Why it is frustrating for Indian freelancing developers to work with regional clients?
- Less professionalism, it is really a sensitive issue. Maximum subcontinent clients don’t really understand the meaning of professionalism. They often end up with rude behavior
- Lack of technical knowledge make huge confusion between clients and freelancing developers
- Prefer quantity over quality. In most cases, subcontinent clients never value the quality of work
- Best quality at the cheapest price. Subcontinent low budget clients demand high-quality services at very affordable prices. This factor just cut down the profit percentage of Indian freelancers
- They are not ready to pay for extra work and any changes. Don’t value the time invested in a project. So maximum Indian freelancing developers exhausted by handling unprofessional clients
Why foreign clients prefer to outsource their projects to Indian freelancers?
A recent survey reported that 80% of the European or US-based companies choose India over any other company for their outsourcing requirements. Although other countries in the world like the Philippines, China, Mexico, and Ireland are giving tough completion to India, our country remains the best outsourcing destination for them.
The main reason behind that is reduced cost, expertise, scalability, and better focus on core activities.
Being citizens of a leading outsourcing country, we get the opportunity to work with foreign clients, now there is plenty of Indian freelancer website, from where foreign firms used to hire freelancing developer.
Depending on their project requirement, budget, technologies, and other factors US-based clients choose their outsourcing country. India is the best place if you are searching for quality services but your budget is a little tight. Outsourcing foreign projects to Indian freelancers is the best approach, as it is both sides beneficial. For these reasons, Indian freelancer sites are so popular among foreign clients.
Let’s sum up the above-written facts point wise:
- India has the largest talent pool of technically skilled professionals
- Indian freelancing developers offer flexible pricing option
- India provides consistently high-quality services in the field of IT and software development
- Our developers consistently updating their infrastructure and technologies
- Indian freelancers offer good quality services within the quickest time frame
- The Indian government is stable and offers attractive IT policies
For these reasons, India has become the global outsourcing destination of foreign clients.
Also read, Key reason to become a freelancer
Positive aspects of working with the overseas clients
- Foreign clients are more process-oriented
- They are focusing on updated technology, so they surely admire your skill-set
- In most cases foreign potential clients ready to pay a decent amount for the quality work
- They believe in planning and strategies. So, they are very clear about their project requirements
- If requirements changes in the process, agree to pay for that. That’s sound highly professional
- If you are doing your best, they will value your time and hard work. As they know the value of time invested in a project
- If you own their trust as a freelancing developer, they will ready to pay a decent amount in advance, which always build trust and bring working motivation
- Foreign clients are more freelancers-friendly. They always encourage their employee/ freelancers to their better work
- Reward and payment amount are based on the merit and effort of your work
- There is less exploitation; most of the overseas clients share the best work culture with their freelancing team, also pay for the extra work.
- Work-life balance is important, working with overseas clients helps you to earn a good amount from a single project. That’s why you don’t need to work 14hours/day to manage your basic amenities
- Last but not the least, work satisfaction is important. Foreign clients love to know your knowledge by your work. That is a positive opportunity to explore yourself as a freelancer
Indian freelancers often facing problems finding potential clients, therefore they choose to work for foreign farms or for foreign clients. That provides them good monetary support for their well-being.
If they choose to work for subcontinent clients they often end up with loss, or to fulfill their basic requirements they need to do really hard work. But here handwork doesn’t pay off because they don’t have enough budgets. These things are physically as well as emotionally draining to our freelancing developers.